CureZone   Log On   Join
Why alot of us overeat

karaskp Views: 3,235
Published: 18 y

Why alot of us overeat

This is why I believe most people overeat.

Its simple.

1.Too much flour and/or too much sugar.

2.Not enough fiber -- preferably vegatable fiber.

Have you noticed that its kinda hard to get a vegatable from the drive thru?
Sure you can get a salad. But iceberg lettuce is boring and has very little vitamins or satisfaction.
Drive thru food seems like every thing is breaded, has bread or is wrapped in a tortilla, or is a potato or corn product. Don't get me started on pasta.
Sure all of these things taste great and are easy to digest.
But thats my point - they are too easy to digest. There is no fiber -- there is no vitamins. There is no satisfaction. I could eat and eat and never get full.
Your blood Sugar soars when there is too much of these.
Some times your out of control immediately -- sometimes later in the evening.
I never understood why I just suddenly had to eat and eat and couldn't stop.
I have been overeating for over fifteen years.
I did the OA thing and tried to find out what was the emotional issues that drove me. What a bunch of BS.
( Emotional eating not OA. OA is awesome. There is alot of love and healing in OA.)
Sure I got emotional, but that was after I binged. It was the binging that was making me miserable. I was fine until I started eating.
I tried the south beach diet.
I think it is a good example of a elimination diet.
Low and behold after two weeks -- I hadn't gone on a binge that whole time.
Since that point I have reduced my flour and starchy food and Sugar intake.
I haven't stuck to the south beach diet -- but I follow its ideas and still use their recipes. I can't recommend it highly enough, because of the emphasis on foods with high nutritional value. I recommend trying it for two weeks. I think you would be amazed. Check it out from the library ( its free.
But its not for everyone. My sister-n-law could not handle all the fiber.

Or just trying cutting back on Sugar and starch. Add more vegetables to your meals.

No one can follow a diet perfectly forever, you have to work with what your body wants.
My point is find the balance and do the best you can.

My little rant does not include people with medical conditions I couldn't even begin to imagine. I am sure that there are alot of other factors that cause people to overeat.
I am looking into the Hulda Clark cleanses and Ayurvedic "Pancha Karma".
I am feeling very hopeful that they will help with overeating and overall health.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)