CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: really confused??

Views: 2,313
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 373,750

Re: really confused??

Hi,

Well, it's totally obvious that your neice got the genital herpes type 1 on genitals from her bf and yes even when you don't have cold sores or any thing you can still shed the virus with NO symptoms and as a reult transmit it to others and that's how she got infected. By the way, I got genital herpes type 1 recently and I have no clue how because none of my boy friends have had a damn cold sore ever! and since I'm type 1 it must have come from some one's oral herpes. Atleast your neice knows who she got it from. I guess I got it froom my bf who's never had a cold sore! but infected.

I don't get it, how are you so sure that your gyn tests you for herpes yearly. They never do unless you ask for it and it's not in yearly or std testing routine. If you get cold sores you definitely are HSV1+ in your blood and that's why I'm pretty sure that you're not tested. A lot of people think they get tested for herpes as a routine test but they're wrong.

Yes, if your husband isn't infected by HSV1 (cold sore virus) then you can give it to him at the time you're sheding the virus on your lips: genital if you go down on him and oral if you kiss him at the time. BUT, it's very likely that he already has the virus orally which applies to 90% of the population and if that's true then you can rarely pass it to his genitals as he already has the anti bodies against the virus.

and REMEMBER, If some one doesn't get the symptoms doesn't mean they aren't infected. Only 10% of people with genital herpes get symptoms and they don't know they have it and only 20-40% of people with oral herpes (cold sores) get them.

Ask for a type specific IGG herpes blood test for your husband then if he's positive for type1, you don't have much to worry about.

Wow, my post is as long as hell now :) I hope this helped.
cheers,

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.105 sec, (1)