CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is this OCD ?

Zoebess Views: 2,762
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 346,518

Re: Is this OCD ?

I lived with someone who had OCD...wont even go into his behaviors but he was very loveable and after the relationship was over I missed him knocking on the frigerator....

Anyway, one thing we came up with to do which helped him tremendously was a simple little exercise that you may be find helpful in "erasing" your mental loop.

Your self-talk is second-guessing your judgment and is based in fear...in this case, fear of feeling stupid, unempowered, etc. What I would like you to try for the next 30 days since it takes 30 days to internalize a habit, is every time you use the toilet to take a pee, as you are peeing and then flushing, repeat to yourself, "I release all fear". This is a powerful behaviorial trigger since you are releasing something you do not want anymore and so in releasing the fear too, you will eventually loose "the charge" about anything you come across which puts you into a state of fear, whether it is something as simple as fear of eating spoiled yogurt to fear of stepping on a snake in the grass etc.

Anyway, its cheap, it powerful and you can use it whenever you begin looping...and as your body internalizes the self-talk, you will notice a shift in the way you feel about yourself.

Good Luck on your healing path,
Zoe

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)