CureZone   Log On   Join
amalgam remove and depression. my story

Views: 12,444
Published: 21 y

amalgam remove and depression. my story

At the age of 11, I had 8 large Amalgam fillings placed in my mouth by an unscrupulous dentist. I didn't have cavities in those teeth; but this Dr. assured me I would develop cavities in the deep grooves in my teeth if I didn't fill them. The Amalgams were a "preventative".

(Sealants were already available at the time, but this dentist either didn't know about them or preferred to drill and fill.)During adolescence I became depressed. It wasn't always there, but it returned with regularity.

In college, I read about the use of peroxide for maintaining good gum health. I didn't realize, this would release more mercury into my system and that this was toxic. At 22 I became severly depressed, and this lasted many years.

Anti-depressants, therapy, more anti-depressants. I just couldn't get out of this depression.

When I discovered there might be a mercury connection to my depression, I began reading everything I could on the subject. A year ago I elected to have my Amalgams removed. I found a "mercury-free" dentist, who agreed to replace all my fillings with composite materials.

However, I wish I had been more thorough. I assumed this guy would use a protocol for safe removal. He didn't, and I probably increased my short-term mercury exposure. Nonetheless, in the past year, I have found myself less depressed. I haven't had a major depressive episode in that year.

I can't verify that this is due to mercury of course, but it satisfies me.

If you have considerable Amalgam and struggle with depression, do some research. You might find Amalgam removal will help. And take the time to find someone who will remove them safely.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)