CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dark patches underneath psoriasis.

daytonaflyer Views: 3,089
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 327,056

Re: Dark patches underneath psoriasis.

Have you gotten the dead skin scales off and now the exposed red skin underneath is visible? If so, this is the inflamed Psoriasis skin. The white flaky skin is the dead skin cells that have gotten pushed to the top. These red skin patches will continue to push dead skin to the top and if left untreated, they will appear just as before.
I have the same problem on my elbows. I sleep with lotion on my arms wrapped in plastic wrap every 3 days and GENTLY wipe off the dead skin with a towel to remove the dry, cracked white patches and expose the red skin. Unfortunately I have not had much success getting rid of the red patches and they continually get dry and flaky every 2-3 days.
I have found that applying Purell hand sanitizer once or twice an HOUR makes the smaller patches appear less red and swollen, but everybody seems to react differently to treatment.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)