CureZone   Log On   Join
Paulette!

Alikat Views: 1,347
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 273,722

Paulette!

That's so sweet of you! Thank you. I'm very much in Frances path. You would not believe what it's like out there. People are frantic, after all many folks lived through Andrew 12 years ago and others have just endured Charley, so we know what the score is.
It is now impossible to purchase any more plywood at any of the Home Depost stores and most gas stations are closed because theyve run out of gas. The same situation occurs with banks and ATM machines, they are out of cash. When the power is shut off cash is king.
During hurricanes the power is shut off all over and then it may take weeks or months before they are turned back on. It takes a long time for Florida Power and Light to repair al the fallen powerlines. Which reminds me that I probably will not be able to sit by a computer for a long trime. What will I do without Curezone?!?
All in all, major hurricanes are major nuisance, to say the least. It is living in broken down, wet and moldy homes for months before repairs can be done, or for some people who lose their homes, it's living in improvised military outdoor shelters. And yes, we also have very hot and muggy weather right now, it is 86 degrees and the humidity is downright swampy.
On the bright side, if in the morning the news tells us that the hurricane has turned northward and we are just having a heavy tropical storm, then it's time to pull out the candles and flashlights in our boarded up homes, a few naughty goodies (chocolate maybe?) and have a hurricane party with friends.
Old fogies with little children like me worry about this stuff, teenagers think it's a blast. Go figger......

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)