CureZone   Log On   Join
Beauty and Beauty

Autumn Views: 1,348
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 268,235

Beauty and Beauty

Thank you so much, Kathryn!

It reminds me of a little true story.
I know a lady, I see her every day; she must be 75 by now, and looks like a retired movie star. Flawless skin, big clear eyes, a crown of silver hair, lovely figure, always wonderfully well dressed in rich splendid silks and furs. Someone said to her "What is the secret of your beauty?"

Well, I sure stopped to listen! Because believe me, I am probably half her age but I sure look all shopworn compared to her, so I wanted to hear a few tips.

Well, I was in for a surprise.

She said "The secret is, only look on beautiful things. For example, I especially turn my eyes away from ugly people. Pregnant women in maternity clothes with a baby on each arm; those sweaty construction workers, with a day's grime under their fingernails; those grubby street teenagers, hanging out at the drug rehab clinic; those old disabled vets in their wheelchairs. Those sights are so unpleasant that I make it a point never to look at those people. I always turn away, and so should you. THAT is the secret of real beauty."

Well, friends, I was embarrassed at myself for being tempted to eavesdrop and snoop for glamor tips. I walked away from her feeling a little sadder but a lot wiser.
What a lesson for me.
After that, eternal glamor just didn't have the same shine!

A

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)