CureZone   Log On   Join
Some Spyware Programs I like

9 Day Fasting Program
Complete with herbs and clay to eliminate hunger and cleansing r...

Burnt Ice Views: 1,803
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 267,540

Some Spyware Programs I like

Hi: I have not tried Spywarewarrior, but a couple I do use and that work very well, after trying many other programs is:

Webroots - Spysweeper
When set on auto-start will always remove Spyware/tracking cookies when they try to use the computers memory.
Will protect your home page, and stop any registry change or new programs starting with out you knowing about it, and they update there spyware definitions on a regular bases, so scanning your computer, finds any of the latest spyware, and some Trojan.

TDS-3
This program is a Trojan remover, one of the first and best, will find key loggers,and any suspicious files on your computer, and the big difference, is that it does remove them, as many other programs, it's still there when your restart your system.

Spywareblaster
Is a great and Free program to protect your computer from Active X programs and bad web sites/dialers, It prevents someone taking over your computer, and has many features to protect your web browser.

Spybots-S&D
This is also a Free program, it will scan your computer for ad-aware and replace the folder with a dummy folder, so the program will not notice anything missing and re-download it again, and a great feature, is Immunizing your programs, and then selecting the feature, block or prevent bad downloads, one check regularly for definition updates, as with all the programs listed here,

AVG - Anti virus is a Great Free Virus program, with life time updates of virus definitions, and program updates, I found it to use very little memory on my system, and does a better job then Norton.

FreeRAM XP Pro is a free memory defragmentor, and will auto free your computers RAM, giving you all the memory back from programs you have closed and are hogging the memory, this old laptop I'm writing this post on is only a 233mhz with 32meg's of memory and I can do anything on this but watch a movie.

A search will find all these programs for you, but they are all available from downloads.com

One tip is to set up a second partition on your computer, so you would have your C drive and a D drive, create a folder in your D drive named Program Files, and all your spyware/ad-aware, Virus and firewall programs are then installed into this folder, making note that during install into this folder, each program creates it's own folder, like for instance AVG is installing it might look like this, D/program files well you will want to type into this line your self D/program files/AVG so it will install into a folder inside of your program files (AGV) or what ever name you want to give it, with it's own name instead of your program files being a mishmash of all kind of programs mixed together, much harder to delete if you don't want something any more.

By setting up a second partition, you are preventing any Virus, or Trojan, from disabling your virus or firewall programs, and when you go to remove them, your software will work.

Maxthon Browser - is a cool free web browser, it uses some of IE's already installed features, but has many features, like a pop up stopper/Ad Hunter, and one can disable Java or ActiveX or Scripts or Flash, it is skinable, uses multi tabs that preloads, saving time, you can have a favorites bar for quick launch, and has a highlighted search bar to find anything highlighted on a web page, NetSnippets is available for this program, a professional archiving program, save any web page/text, or picture, with full editing features.
A note pad, and open link or web page in new window.
All kinds of plug'ins for this program as well.
Clear History and Cache and Cookies upon closing the program setting or anytime you want, and protect home page from Hi-jacking.

Appswat is a program that brings up a window similar to using your control alt delete key, for closing down frozen programs, one would place the icon in my documents, and with the folder open, drag the icon down by your start button, or make a short cut in your start programs, or any tool bar you have, works great.

One should use a Windows System Cleaner, like Iclean or webroots, windows washer, as thousands of junk and temporary files are collected on your computer.
And some type of Registry Cleaner, as again thousands of junk and obsolete files are collected, even after un-installing a program, they are still in your Registry.
I like the older version, before version 4 of System Mechanic and Jv16 Power Tools, one can then use trial software, un-installing it, remove it from the Registry, and reinstall it again.

A third party hard drive defrager is good to have, as Windows favors it's own programs, and installs them on the faster part of the hard drive, even if you don't use them.
I use Executive software Diskeeper.

I hope this helps...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)