CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my story and questions.

waterlogged Views: 1,084
Published: 20 y

Re: my story and questions.

I lost my 17 year old son the day after Thanksgiving of 2002, just 1 1/2 years ago. We didn't even know he had the disorder and had never seen any unusual behavior with exception to an incident a week prior to his passing. He woke with a sore tongue and when he showed it to me I saw teeth marks on it. I took him to the doctor and he sloughed it off like it was a fluke. He never even mentioned the possibility that it could be the sign of a seizure and we left the office that day with a false sense of security. I lost my son exactly one week later. He never woke up the day after Thanksgiving. He had been up until wee hours of the morning playing video games with his brother which I feel strongly triggered the seizure. Since the passing of our son I have read everything I can get my hands on and one thing I know to be true is lack of sleep can definitely be a trigger for someone with this disorder so please be pro-active in your own care. You can always try different meds, but please, please don't stop taking the meds without talking to your parents or your doctor and you need to take your lifestyle very serious. I didn't share my story to scare you, but to educate you as most medical professionals never tell a patient that seizures can cause death. I will wish the best for you and sorry to hear you have to suffer with this disorder. Take care!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)