CureZone   Log On   Join
Video Embedded Pemmican - The Ultimate DIY SURVIVAL FOOD!

twll Views: 60
Published: 6 months ago

Pemmican - The Ultimate DIY SURVIVAL FOOD!

Lots on making it out their if you have never heard of it.

Pemmican has been a long-time staple of native Americans and backwoods hunters. It is the original survival food and, in my opinion, is better than any energy bar or backpacking food out there. In this video I'll show you how to make pemmican with a super simple pemmican recipe. At its most basic, pemmican is simply dried meat and rendered fat, aka tallow. When made with just meat, fat, and perhaps dried berries, it is a shelf stable survival food that will last for decades without refrigeration. If you're into food preservation, you'll want to add this to your arsenal. Today I'll be using beef tallow, dried elk meat, dried blueberries and dates, and pecans. Due to the oils and moisture in the nuts, my version won't have a super long shelf life but it'll last way longer than I need it to. I'll eat it all during the elk hunting season.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.055 sec, (1)