CureZone   Log On   Join
C-KAD: An eye drop which could have avoided cataract surgery

Views: 1,180
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,434,222

C-KAD: An eye drop which could have avoided cataract surgery

Why does Can-C often fail when used alone? Let me try to explain it again. ALPHA-CRYSTALLIN IN YOUR LENS KEEPS YOUR LENS CLEAR. So when your alpha-crystallin gets hooked up with bad molecules, known as AGEs, IT CAN'T DO ITS JOB OF KEEPING YOUR LENS CLEAR ANY MORE. But, if you break the bonds between the ALPHA and the AGEs, or if you simply destroy the AGEs, either of which actions will release your ALPHA, then it CAN do its job again and the cataracts will disappear! Breaking those bonds between your ALPHA and the AGEs is difficult. Only rosmarinic acid can do that. But destroying the AGEs is easier. Since many of the AGEs are COLORED PIGMENTS, they absorb light, and so they can be destroyed by photobleaching them. The master cleaner molecule in your lens, GLUTATHIONE, actually does photobleach the AGEs. So how about CAN-C? What does CAN-C do? Can-C contains N-acetyl carnosine. What does N-acetyl carnosine do? It prevents more bad AGEs from hooking up with your alpha-crystallin. In that sense, it will prevent an early cataract from getting worse. But that said, if there are copper and zinc metal ions in your lens, then your master cleaner (GLUTATHIONE) will PARTIALLY lose its ability to photobleach the AGEs. And if you then dose your eye with N-acetyl carnosine (Can-C) eye drops, it will COMPLETELY lose that ability. This mechanism was only revealed at Queen Mary College, London University, in 2010.  So I would say that people who get improvement with Can-C alone - either they do not have metal ions in the lens - or they do have enough remaining glutathione to overcome the loss of photobleaching capacity. Other people, including me, tried Can-C and it did not work. It just made the vision more yellow, because of the loss of photobleaching.  But if you chelate the metal ions in your lens with EDTA, then there will be no loss of photobleaching and the Can-C should make things better, not worse - even if you have advanced cataracts like me. This was proven, many years before the study at Queen Mary College, by the eye drop C-KAD containing both carnosine and EDTA (as well as MSM, a penetration enhancer), which was developed by the company Chakshu Research in the US. It was clinically trialed on a few people in the US in 2002, including one or two with advanced nuclear cataract, and the results were very good. Later, in 2008, a larger Phase I/II clinical trial of 111 cataract patients was completed, with the following results:

https://crstodayeurope.com/articles/2008-mar/0308_05-php/

Quote:  In a subgroup analysis, results showed that C-KAD was a safe treatment that helped patients lower intraocular pressure and gain lines of BCVA (Best Corrected Visual Acuity). According to the company, 43% of patients in a group of patients who achieved the best results with the drug, a two-line improvement in BCVA was seen.

Today, C-KAD is 'mysteriously' unavailable, which should come as no surprise, because it clearly had ample potential to reduce cataract symptoms in millions of people without the need for surgery. But it just occurred to me right now that theoretically, THREE EYE DROPS USED TOGETHER might get the same results as with C-KAD:

1) Can-C or any other carnosine eye drop, e.g., "Brite-Eyes"

2) MSM / EDTA eye drops The MSM will soften the lens, and the EDTA will chelate the metal ions which are interfering with your glutathione.

3) Reduced glutathione eye drops

This way, the carnosine will block accumulation of further AGEs, the EDTA will help your glutathione to photobleach the existing AGEs which are preventing your Alpha-crystallin from doing its job, and if you don't have any reduced glutathione left in your lens, the reduced glutathione eye drops will make sure you do.

Just one word of caution - EDTA can also dissolve and permanently destroy the tiny "balance stones" (otoconia) in your inner ear which are made of calcite (crystalline calcium carbonate), and that will give you rotational vertigo (BPPV, a horrible condition which I recently had for about 1 year). Whether or not EDTA in eye drops would reach the inner ear, is a question I cannot answer. Of course, you can always try Can-C alone, and just see what happens.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.088 sec, (3)