CureZone   Log On   Join
Chronic Candida folliculitis/groin rash-coming up on 8 years

Views: 1,578
Published: 5 years ago

Chronic Candida folliculitis/groin rash-coming up on 8 years

I am a 28 year old man who has been infected with Candida since I was 20. The Candida overgrowth happened through inter course with a female who was infected as well (biggest mistake of my life) the infection started in my groin and spread throughout my body presenting as yeast folliculitis and intense itching and tingling. My lymph nodes swole up and where I had the folliculitis they would turn almost into a bruise. The rash was severe in the groin and perineal region and I have lost sensation in that region. I had the folliculitis eventually biopsied at the hospital of the university of Pennsylvania in philly and was put on oral ketoconazole 200mg x 45 days. She said the rash in gluteal cleft was the worst she ever saw. The ketoconazole cleared a lot of the folliculitis but some remained and a slight rash persisted in the groin region. She took me off the meds and proclaimed me cured (yea right). Of course after time the rash returned and some of the folliculitis returned as well. I tried various doctors and creams but I have not been able to shake it. I even went to a physician in NYC who gave me 90 days of diflucan 200 mg and 60 days of itraconazole 200mg. While it helped reduce tingling throughout my body and occurance of serious outbreaks a slight rash remains in the groin and perineal region ( mostly where I’ve lost a lot of sensation, I do feel itching at times. Is there anyone who can give me some direction other then to try to starve myself. I am looking for a true cure that is backed by solid medical evidence. I feel that I’m at the end of my road.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.205 sec, (1)