CureZone   Log On   Join
Jock Itch Turned Out to be Staph Infection

James37 Views: 860
Published: 6 y

Jock Itch Turned Out to be Staph Infection

Hello everybody,

Hopefully this helps some people. I thought I was plagued with a bad jock itch infection that would not go away no matter what I did. Trip to the doctor, ointments, creams, etc. I tried varying medicines for months and nothing worked. I went back to doctor and requested that I get a culture taken of the area. They swabbed the skin and told me a few days later that it was a STAPH INFECTION, not jock itch. The doctor initially diagnosed me with a fungal infection (jock itch), so we were trying to treat a fungus, not a bacteria (staph). They put me on an oral and erythromicin wash and it SEEMED like it went away after a week. A few days later, it was back and worse than ever.

So, now that I knew I was treating staph and not jock itch, I researched endlessly to see what others do. Other people also said Antibiotics did nothing for them and some have been on heavy doses and multiple rounds. I am usually the last person to try a home remedy over getting medicine, but reading the endless stories about how no Antibiotics worked, I took what the most people said and am trying that and it seems like it is working. Keep in mind, I've only been doing it for about 3 days but it is definitely going away.

1) Hibiclens Skin Wash. You can get it at any Walmart or drug store. I use it in the shower. Work up a good lather and let it set for a few minutes before washing.

2) Coconut oil. Sooooo many people kept pointing out coconut oil. It is a powerhouse against bacteria while simultaneously soothing and healing the skin. Extra-Virgin coconut oil. Just warm some up in the microwave for 20 seconds until it is mostly melted and then apply it to the area and surrounding area twice a day.

These are the two things I saw the most that people with a staph infection said worked for them. Also, tea tree oil was mentioned a lot. I am going to be very on point with doing these two things every day for at least 4 weeks. I can't take this infection anymore.

I hope this helps some people that think that they have jock itch and it's actually staph or another bacterial infection. Get a culture done and good luck!

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.092 sec, (2)