CureZone   Log On   Join
How I Beat Candida

AlpineStream Views: 529
Published: 6 years ago

How I Beat Candida

There is sooooo much competing advice out there when it comes to Candida. Since many folks are ready to try anything, much has been tried, including by me! Here's what worked for me. Its actually pretty simple and cost effective. 

My Candida Issue

Classic symptoms for about a year. Two notable additions:

• A change in body odor. My underarm and groin area took on a different smell during this period. Almost sweet/sour. Passed gas also had a significantly different odor which I would describe as musty. 
  • Neutropenia, aka low neutrophil (a type of white blood cell) count. My doctor referred me to an endocrinologist who monitored consistently low neutrophil counts for about ten months. We ruled out common causes such as leukemia, STD's, etc..

What Cured Me

I did lots of research (like I'm sure you have) and tried lots of thing, including the candida diet, candida marketed pills, various essential oils, coconut oil, garlic, oregano, apple cider vinegar, digestive enzymes etc, etc, etc. 

But there was only one combination of things that did any good...and it cured me. I've now had a complete remission of symptoms, including the 'two notable additions' above, for over a year.

Manuka Honey & Probiotic Protocol

Honey has powerful antifungal (and antibiotic) properties. Us common folk have known this forever (we don't refrigerate honey)...and scientists have caught on as well (more on the science later). Honey having antifungal properties makes sense too. Imagine a beehive filled with honey. Its hot, its crowded, dirty bees flying in and out. The honey should go moldy in a matter of days, but it doesn't! Bees have evolved over millions of years to create honey that is antifungal and can be stored in the hive for long periods of time, never to spoil. 

There is a very special honey found in New Zealand called "Manuka" honey, made from the Manuka flower, who's antimicrobial properties are off the charts compared to other honey. A growing number of studies on the effectiveness and mechanism of Manuka Honey show that it is effective at attacking and clearing biofilms, 'knocks out' key proteins and disrupts cell division in microbes, reduces colonic inflammation, and shows no build up of microbial resistance over time! It has even shown a remarkable effectiveness in treatment of dreaded MRSA.

Manuka Honey supplemented with a strong Probiotic conspired to cure my Candida! Here's what I did:

1.  Each evening, take 2 teaspoons of Manuka honey before bed. Take at least 30 minutes after your last food and no more food for the evening.
  2. Each morning take 1 probiotic pill. Can be taken with or without food. 

If you miss a morning or evening dose, don't worry, just get back on track with the Manuka honey in the evening and probiotic in the morning. 

I started noticing a difference at 2 weeks, saw a big difference at 4-6 weeks, and was completely symptom free at 12 weeks. 

As a maintenance dose, I continue with 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey before bed and 1 probiotic pill in the morning. I could stop and see if I can do without the maintenance, but I don't want to, the Manuka honey is delicious and I feel great. 

Manuka Honey & Probiotic Recommendations

I did many, many hours of research on the opitmal Manuka Honey and probiotic products to try. Here's what I took, what works. 

I took (and continue to take) "Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey: KFactor 16"

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014AP5JUG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=alwaysadventu-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B014AP5JUG&linkId=8afd8b8823ba18310f1f4ebf77ea59be

• Raw, unpasteurized and Non-GMO Project Verified Manuka Honey
  • New Zealand superfood, great taste - smooth and creamy
  • Sourced, packed and labeled in NZ for genuine, unadulterated quality
  • Genuine: KFactor is a New Zealand government-approved rating system guaranteeing high Manuka pollen count

For a probiotic I took (and continue to take) "Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima." 

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IZO3X2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=alwaysadventu-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000IZO3X2&linkId=b3dea6791e2ab1792068f85e3d1c028a

• This probiotic had the potency and diversity I wanted: 35 Billion FCU & 14 probiotic strains
  • Note, ordering through Amazon should be fine, I spoke to a rep at Nature's Way. But if you have the option to easily purchase at a local health food store (also sold at Whole Foods) that keeps the item refrigerated and has maintained the 'cold chain', this is probably preferred.

Diet

In my early days of experimenting with Candida treatments, I went in for an extreme candida diet of no sugars, no carbs, and all the rest. For months I saw no impact on symptoms, lost too much weight, went into ketosis, and felt terrible. When I finally cured my candida with Manuka Honey and Probiotics, it was on a much more reasonable, energizing, and empowering diet. Here are the guidelines:

• Reduce processed sugars in your diet. This doesn't mean you have to completely avoid sugar. It doesn't even mean you have to completely avoid processed sugar. Just be smart about what you eat and make a point of consuming less processed sugars than the average person. Remember, Manuka Honey has sugar in it and it cured my Candida. 
  • Reduce carbohydrates in your diet. In addition to reducing processed sugars, reduce your carb intake in general. Increase your consumption of healthy fats and protein and reduce those carbs. But again, don't go to the extreme. Having some carbs will keep you healthy and happy. 
  • Reduce processed foods in your diet. Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and other natural foods. It can take a bit more work/planning, but will help your progress and have you feeling great. Remember, avocados are your best friend!
  • Limit alcohol consumption. During my 12 weeks of treatment I was able to enjoy the occasional beer (a few week) without issue. I avoided hard alcohol and wine as they seemed to impede my progress. 

Cost

Breakdown of costs for the Manuka Honey & Probiotic protocol

Three Month Treatment Period 

Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey: KFactor 16: $.61 Daily

Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima: $.54 Daily

Total Daily Cost: $1.15

Maintenance

Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey: KFactor 16: $.31 Daily

Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima: $.54 Daily

Total Daily Cost: $.85

Adjustments to Protocol 

The above is what worked for me and I think it could have a good chance of working for you! However one size never fits all and I encourage you to make adjustments and do your own experimenting along the way. That's what I did! 

One adjustment I considered, but never ended up needing to do was to move up to Wedderspoon's most potent (and expensive) Manuka Honey product: KFactor 22. If you aren't experiencing total success with KFactor 16, you may want to experiment with the KFactor 22. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015WRY8LW/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=alwaysadventu-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B015WRY8LW&linkId=383e81fa3700cf22a5aa85d7857b071d

Thanks for reading through this whole thing. If you are struggling with Candida or any systemic fungal/bacterial issue, I hope you find this helpful.  

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.055 sec, (5)