CureZone   Log On   Join
READ THIS FIRST, if you're considering Mirena!

EmilyJane Views: 2,015
Published: 7 years ago

READ THIS FIRST, if you're considering Mirena!

Ladies,

I've already posted my personal Mirena story on CureZone; like many of you, getting the Mirena was the worst decision of my life - if I could go back and change one thing...it would be that. I told myself that if I find anything which helps (or cures) whatever it is that Mirena did to me, I would share it, in the hopes that it might also help my sister-sufferers.

Although I've yet to find anything (except pain medication - which is ridiculously hard to get) that mitigates my myriad adverse Mirena side effects, which are both emotional and physiological, it did occur to me that I may be able to help the women who've yet to get it, and perhaps prevent as many women as possible from making a grave mistake.

That said, I mentioned in one of my posts that, in the months after I had Mirena removed, I had occasion to take Plan B due to unprotected sex. This Plan B - THE ONE WITH LEVONORGESTREL AS THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT - triggered a similar reaction in me as the Mirena, only on a much smaller scale...kind of like a, "mini catastrophe." So, it stands to reason that if a woman is sensitive or allergic to levonorgestrel, then she would be sensitive or allergic to Mirena.

SO, IF YOU'RE LEANING TOWARD GETTING MIRENA, TAKING PLAN B A FEW MONTHS BEFORE INSERTION WOULD BE PRUDENT.

Now, I'm not a doctor or even a medical professional of any kind, but speaking from a common sense perspective, it's highly unlikely that taking Plan B prior to getting Mirena would prevent any PLACEMENT or INSERTION issues (the ones where the IUD gets lost or perforates the lining of the uterus), BUT it certainly might help to determine if one is going to have emotional, hormonal, neurological, and/or other physiological side-effects.

But please, check with your doctor first! He or she should be supportive of your desire to know whether or not you're allergic to something that will be inside of your body for the better part of 5 years. But your doctor might know of another way to check for allergies or sensitivities to levonorgestrel - I mean, there might be a blood test or something.

Anyway, I know it's not much, but it's the best suggestion I've got so far in terms of prevention. I promise that I will continue to share any solutions I find, regardless of how small they may seem.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.057 sec, (2)