CureZone   Log On   Join
Summary of my Exfoliative Cheilitis

skeletons Views: 1,304
Published: 7 y

Summary of my Exfoliative Cheilitis

THIS IS PIERSAD/SKELETONS. This website seriously sucks so I'm going to stick to using my wordpress.

PICTURES OF MY EXFOLIATIVE CHEILITIS/other oral problems:

exfoliativecheilitis dot wordpress dot com

SYNOPSIS:

My exfoliative cheilitis started in november/december 2011. 2 major events occured in 2011. In july 2011 I had an agressive open nose rhinoplasty & was put on general anesthesia. In October 2011 I had been nipped by a dog & so I was told by my doctor to get precautionary post-rabies-bite IMOVAX rabies vaccination shots which I did at a nearby hospital. In November/December 2011 I developed exfoliative cheilitis. Today is august 31 2017 and I have had exfoliative cheilitis every day of my life since november/december 2011. I have seen 10+ doctors - dermatologists, dentists, oral surgeons, oral & maxillofacial pathologists aka oral medicine doctors, ENTs, allergists. I have tried some medications and topical ointments to no avail. I will be seeing a oral medicine/oral & maxillofacial pathologist tomorrow and i discovered this doctor through a single post on curezone from someone claiming this doctor cured their exfoliative cheilitis & while I 100% do not believe that claim desperation motivates me. At the last visit with my oral medicine doctor my doctor suggested i try an immuno suppresant topical ointment [tacrolimus i presume] and he had my blood tested for a G6PD enzyme deficiency in preparation for starting me on a course of Dapsone (an anti-leprosy drug / antibacterial) . The person who claimed to have had their exfoliative cheilitis cured was someone who claimed this doctor perscribed them Lamprene (an anti-leprosy drug / antibacterial). I find this to be quite an interesting coincidence & I am excited yet nervous to try dapsone or lamprene but realize that these antibacterial drugs are extremely power drugs & can do quite a bit of damage but in the face of exfoliative cheilitis the hell it causes in my life likely outweighs any possible damage. Then again knowing my luck who knows.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.110 sec, (1)