CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Oil Pulling after teeth extraction?

heatherzcoach Views: 3,312
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,329,011

Re: Oil Pulling after teeth extraction?

Three days ago, I had to get a tooth pulled and then opted to get a bridge put over the newly open socket since it's near the front of my mouth. They attached a temporary bridge for the time being and did so on the same day the tooth was pulled (I will be getting the permanent bridge in 2 weeks). Needless to say, my gums, open socket & surrounding teeth (they had to grind down the anchoring teeth to affix the bridge), are VERY sore and inflamed. I was prescribed Codeine for the pain but the side effects of the codeine are not fun. Then something hit me and I remembered oil pulling with Coconut Oil (I love coconut oil for so many things). I decided to do it (swishing it very gently in my mouth for 5-20 minutes at different intervals throughout the day). I hoped it would provide me some relief from this pain, reduce the swelling of my gums, and help heal the open socket. I have been doing this now for about a day and it's amazing how much better everything feels after I'm done. I am also seeing the redness subside in that area. I say all of this because I know the healing benefits of Coconut Oil and even though I just got all of this done a few days ago, I couldn't imagine it would be harmful if done gently enough. As I said, it seems to have relieved my pain and inflammation but I would love to hear any additional words of wisdom from you all on this matter. Thank you!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)