CureZone   Log On   Join
Strange New Breathing

Views: 380
Published: 7 y

Strange New Breathing

I've been having some interesting results with breath work lately. A quick background, though I could go on for pages. I have a history of panic/anxiety, strange thoughts, etc, although I've never been medicated or hospitalized and I'm well into my adult years. I've taken all kinds of supplements with various results. Currently I've been taking Iodine again at a moderate dose. I believe I'm up to around 50mg (8 drops 5% J. Crows). It's certainly been doing things, and I'm not sure how related it is to this breathing thing. I am also a singer and do a lot of fairly "deep" work with that. Paying very close attention to tension in my throat, neck and tongue. Recently I've noticed that there is a different way I can breath. The breath seems to take a different path through my nose and throat and is pulled more than pushed, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain, but normally it feels like my breath goes along the roof of my nose and back of throat and is initiated by my nose. This breath seems to go more directly through the front of my throat and center of my nostrils and is initiated much lower. It also feels like I'm lowering my larynx and relaxing my throat/tongue. The result of this is an immediate surge of feelings. Very mixed. A slight feeling of panic, like something is going to happen. A slight feeling of euphoria and relaxation. And oddly a feeling of shortness of breath and increased heart rate. The last part seems odd because it feels like if anything I'm getting more air to my lungs then normal. I've not figured out exactly what is going on, but it's triggered some very strange thought paths. Psychosis really. Delusions that I'm about to wake up from what I've considered to be reality. It's not entirely a bad feeling although at times it gets out of hand bordering on a panic attack. I'm wondering if anybody has ever had anything similar occur? One possibility I'm considering is that perhaps what I'm thinking is "relaxing" my throat is actually repositioning things in a way that is somehow restricting blood flow to the brain. That's just a wild idea, but I suppose it's not impossible. It's also possible I'm simply hyperventilating a bit. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)