CureZone   Log On   Join
How to get adequate copper and zinc on a vegetarian or vegan diet?

iandthou Views: 2,248
Published: 7 y

How to get adequate copper and zinc on a vegetarian or vegan diet?

I am 32 and about 1/3rd of my hair is grey. I also have hairfall around the temple area.

I have been eating an organic vegetarian - leaning towards vegan - diet and doing liver flushes, 13 till now.

However, this doesn't have any effect on my hair. I am now looking at copper as an element in the condition of my hair. It seems that a large amount of copper is toxic and is expelled through hair loss and grey hair, and at the same time a small amount of copper also causes hair loss and grey hair.

How can one get a good proportion of copper and zinc in a vegan diet?

The only sources seem to be legumes and nuts, but to meet the RDA of .9 mg copper I will have to eat a very large amount of nuts - 50 grams of cashews everyday. That is very expensive and also I am not sure if it is a good idea to eat so many since it is not easy for the body to digest them.

I will need to take 4 cups of lentils to meet the daily needs of copper, which again seems too much. Andreas Moritz recommends eating lentils only twice a week or so because they are hard to digest.

Some posts here recommend a supplement of copper-zinc - 2mg-50mg. If I take a supplement of 2mg to 50 mg copper to zinc, I have a feeling I might be overdoing it and lead to more copper toxicity.

So how does one get the right amount of copper and zinc?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)