CureZone   Log On   Join
Making Progress

Ms. A Views: 2,960
Published: 7 y

Making Progress

I have made significant progress. I have had this odor for a long long time, but people really do need to use the information that's right in front of them. Hippocrates said that all diseases start in the gut. He was right.

Late last year, my friend had surgery to fix her intussusception. She had some other colorectal issues. I thought my odor was colorectal-related too and went to two colorectal surgeons. I even did 2 defecography and convinced myself that this was my problem area, although much of what it showed wasn't significant enough to cause this odor issue.

Anyway, after surgery, my friend was having a really hard time having a bowel movement. Her poop was as hard as a rock. She even cried and eventually had to contact her colorectal surgeon who checked with his colleagues and determined that her food was not being broken down.

The doctor told her to take Betaine HCL to supplement her meals. She recommended I do the same. We both suffer from odor issues. I had taken Betaine HCL in the past, but I didn't stick to it, so I had not made any progress. I didn't believe I had a gut issue back then....boy was I wrong.I should have known better as I had previously had H.pylori.

I started taking Betaine HCL and a probiotic and when I tell you guys that it was a HUGE improvement....I mean it was big. I took both of them religiously from Jan. to March of this year. I stopped taking the probiotic in March because I was taking a lot of supplements and my stomach would become upset at times. Anyway, after I stopped taking the probiotic, I noticed the odor got much stronger. I immediately realized that taking the probiotic and the Betaine HCL together was what did the trick.

I have taken many probiotic supplements, but this one actually works. I can feel the difference. They are tablets, not capsules...so maybe that made all the difference. I'm not selling anything....so please, don't even start. The brand of probiotics I take is hyperbiotics micro-pearls. Excellent probiotics!!! I use the NOW brand type of Betaine HCL, but I'm trying other brands to see if my results can get even better.

I will say that I probably could have been further along, but I deal with a lot of depression, anxiety and stress, and my diet is terrible at times because food is a coping mechanism for me. When I first began this regimen in January, I was eating much less and I was eating better (I was kinda following the FODMAPS diet), so I think my results were better from Jan-March. Also, I was exercising more, so there was less toxin build-up in my system.

Also, I used to have a strong odor in my groin area and using Dettol soap has made the odor disappear.

I'm not cured, but my quality of life has improved. I still get reactions from people and sometimes I get none, but my odor is way less severe and that's a start. I'm working on my diet and will keep working on my regimen until my stomach acid is sufficient. I still have to take multiple Betaine HCL pills because I still feel no burn. I've been taking them religiously since January and we are now in June, so I know my stomach acid was practically nonexistent before.

I'm planning an upcoming visit with a gastro, so I can understand a bit more of what's going on in my stomach, but so far, I'm grateful that I have seen an improvement. In January-March, I was at a really great place.....I couldn't believe the drastic difference in my odor. I felt normal and I also lost about 25 lbs because, for the first time in years, I felt comfortable enough to exercise in the daytime at a park. My odor had decreased that much.

I've fallen off somewhat, but I am going to resume regular exercise and get back on my diet. I don't want to lose any more time to this condition; it's already taken most of my twenties. It's time to get my shit together.

I just wanted to say that when the information is there, we need to use it. I implore everyone suffering from Body Odor to take HCL betaine with their meals. Start off with one supplement and then increase as you go until you feel a burn. Stop at a maximum of 10. Eat it with meat. It helps break down your food. Do the research and take it with a good probiotic. Clean up your diet. Go on FODMAPS and please exercise. It's not over until we give it all we've got.

Before this, I had been to different endocrinologists, dermatologists, gynecologists, colorectals, primary physicians, and of course a gastro doctor, who thought I was insane. Good luck to everyone and I know for a fact that many of us are suffering from gut issues because of low stomach acid. Please don't waste any more time. Start there and see here it leads you. I know you won't regret it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.265 sec, (3)