First of all, donít worry. Iíve had this condition since I was 12 Iím now 28 and still not found a cure Ė Iím still living with it. Itís a challenge everyday but I manage. And yes the place has threads going back 13yrs and it can get very confusing about the solutions.
1) Never come across a thread suggesting blocked nose causing EC.
2) Itís basically a cycle that cannot be stopped. Raw skin > Forms barrier > inflammation > crusts form > starts to peel > Raw skin (keeps repeating). If you keep your lips moisturized regularly then the crusts are not as big and the peeling comes off with ease.
3) EC can spread. Thatís the problem. Itís even spread to parts of my lips that were healthy. Itís unfortunate.
4) When the crusts form, yes your lips can appear bigger.
5) Iíve used Vaseline most of my life, I donít think itís improved it. Itís kept it the same really. Iíve recently switched to Aquaphor because a guy called Daniel Miller who cured his condition used it too.