CureZone   Log On   Join
My Pores have Shrunk

Views: 1,684
Published: 7 y

My Pores have Shrunk

I've read many times that pores shrink after a few weeks. And now I can confirm, mine have!

My skin looks tanned but it isn't. (I wear hats everywhere I go. Because I have rosacea, my biggest enemy is the sun.) Eating a lot of greens and carrots give the skin a different kind of glow.

My cheeks still look a little rough which I hope to see even more smoothness in the future.

(I was once told by a beautician looking to squeeze my blackheads, that EVERY pore on my face was plugged. She also said the only way to clean them was by squeezing them. Boy was she wrong!)

I have to admit that my large pores always bothered me. Because I have always had sensitive rosacea skin, my skincare has been very different than a usual person's.

Only 4 things touch my skin- mineral makeup, distilled water, steam, and rhassoul clay. Nothing else! No moisturizer, toner or all those things people tell you that are necessary.

Here is my regime:

In the daytime, I use high quality mineral make-up. Unlike other makeup, this stuff comes off very easily. Even in the future if my skin is flawless, I probably will use it every day I go outside. (It's expensive- $50 but lasts a year for me.)

I sprinkle a little rhassoul clay in a small cup. Add distilled water to make a paste. Let stand for 5 minutes. I only use distilled water to wash my face (and hair, but that's for a future article). Then I dip my fingers in, and massage the paste into my skin. It takes about 5 minutes until all of the paste is on my face.

When you get a lot on your face, it feels super smooth and slippery. It exfoliates your skin everyday. After a while, all the water evaporates. Then I use a wash cloth dipped in distilled water to wash all the clay off. (I never let tap water touch my face.)

I add a little coconut oil to my lids to help take off eye makeup. On days I don't take a warm bath, I steam my face. I just use my kettle with boiled tap water and a towel over my head for 10 minutes. After steaming, my skin glistens and has natural moisture.

Before I sleep, I put coconut oil on my hands. When it's absorbed but still moist, I touch my face to leave the teeniest amount of moisture. I find coconut oil will clog pores unless it's a teeny bit. ( I also rub my moisturized hands through my hair because I don't use conditioner.)

In the morning, I only use a distilled water ice cube rubbed on my face. It wakes the skin up and tightens.

It may sound complicated but I clean and steam my face in front of TV.

If I use anything else with chemical, or even organic but with lots of ingredients, my skin turns red with bumps. I've had this regime for many years and it has helped my rosacea skin immensely. My pores were visible in my late 20's, but got really big living in a hot country for 3 years.

Everything wrong with you inside will show on your outside, namely skin and hair. So my skin showing improvement so quickly reaffirms I am getting healthier inside!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)