CureZone   Log On   Join
Glucose testing strips, how to re-use...

diabetic Views: 16,683
Published: 22 y

Glucose testing strips, how to re-use...

The glucose testing strips, as most who buy these know, are very expensive. As an experiment, I wanted to see if I could reuse them

1) The first test, all I did was rinse the strip clean with hot water, and patted it dry, re-inserted into glucose monitor and it took it, then applied blood,
the monitor never responded, so this test didn't work

2) Next, I took the strip apart, all it was was two strips of metal cover by a "cloth" (the area where you apply the blood). I removed the cloth, rinsed with warm water and tried test again, it didn't work. I haven't tried this test with a completely new and unused strip, would it work if I did?

Is there something about the cloth over testing area? Where you apply the blood? Or is it just a regular piece of cloth?

Does anybody know the details of how these strips work?
I suspect they pass a current through blood and based on resistance can calculate how much blood Sugar you have...
Anybody know?

anybody try/succeeded in re-using their test strips??

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)