CureZone   Log On   Join
Hair regrowth after Implanon removal?

Views: 2,082
Published: 8 y

Hair regrowth after Implanon removal?

Hi,
I've had severe hair loss with the implanon. I got it inserted a month ago and my hair started falling out so much. There was a mat of hair on the floor, as well as a blocked drain each time I showered and needing to empty my hairbrush after brushing my hair each time. My hairline has receded a couple cm's and the scalp is easily visible over my whole head whenever I pull my hair back. It was definitely caused by the implanon as nothing else had changed in my diet or lifestyle and I noticed it as soon as I got the implanon. My Dr showed me some info that 2.5% of women have hairloss on the implanon. So I got it removed after 3 weeks of having it and now it has been 1 week since removal and my hair is still falling out in handfulls. It's not uncommon for me to lose over 70 hairs each time I brush my hair gently and each time I touch it more comes out. I'm only 22 and have had thin hair all my life, but it's gotten so bad that I will need to get it cut very short. I have also gone back on the pill after the implanon removal.
How long until the hair loss stops? And will it grow back or will I forever have even thinner hair after this?

I'm trying not to worry about it but it's difficult when the hair loss has not slowed at all since removal.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)