CureZone   Log On   Join
Sweaty hands - but only when cold !

Views: 993
Published: 8 y

Sweaty hands - but only when cold !

Hi All,

My hands and feet sweat a lot when I am cold. I am pretty sure this is related to my internal body temperature somehow, although I don't understand the mechanism.

This wasn't an issue for me when I lived on the West coast and had warmer winters the last 10 years. I just moved back to New England, though, and with the onset of Fall the temperature has dropped significantly from 60's down to 40's. And lo and behold my hands and feet are sweating again.

I don't particularly like sweaty hands and feet. The bigger issue, though, is that my fingertips start to peel and crack, and sometimes itch. I don't know if that is just from losing moisture or if there is some kind of fungus taking advantage of the moisture or what.

Otherwise I am in pretty good health, eat well, try to stay active, no known allergies.

It's a bizarre thing. Who would have thought being cold would make you sweat? I was taught that sweating happens as a cooling mechanism when it's hot. So not sure what's going on.

I recently read about Raynaud's disease, where the blood vessels in your fingers and toes constrict when you are cold. I don't know if that's it. They don't mention the sweating as a symptom.

Any ideas?

thyroid? metabolism? missing certain vitamins? just wear warmer clothes?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)