CureZone   Log On   Join
How do I know if its adrenal fatigue or depression?

lesliecrujiente Views: 1,254
Published: 8 y

How do I know if its adrenal fatigue or depression?

Hi, I am typically a very social, very active, very innately motivated person. I have hypothyroidism which has given me some sluggish symptoms in the past, but I take thyroid armour and levothyroxine (started one month ago) to deal with these symptoms. The drugs have helped my symptoms for the last four years, however my thyroid blood work almost always comes back low. I also have food allergies to eggs and dairy that have developed in the last two years.

In July (2016), I started feeling very tired and with very little energy/motivation to do anything. It has steadily worsened since July. I was/still am drinking massive quantities of coffee to get through the day. For a few months, I was sleeping 16 hours a day, and now I have insomnia. What is happening to me? I look terrible. The circles under my eyes are extreme and my skin looks gray, even green sort of. My hair breaks extremely easily and does not grow. I am 23 years old.

I don't find joy in things that I usually love, I have trouble motivating myself to complete tasks, and I don't like being around people or going out as much as I did before... I am avoiding social situations. All of these seemed like signs of Depression to me. So I saw a doctor who prescribed me 10mg Paxil. I started that four days ago, and I know I have to be patient with these meds to see any kind of results for the depression.

But now, after researching adrenal fatigue and seeing that it sometimes comes with hypothyroidism more easily, etc., I wonder if I even have depression? Or is it just a symptom of the AF? I want to start taking some adrenal support supplements (I just bought Gaia). Is this supplement okay to take with Paxil? It has some mood boosting herbs and I want to give both options a shot, but need feedback. I have talked to my doctor and she is more of a pill pusher than a talker, I'm unhappy to say :(

Has anyone had a similar to experience to this? Particularly anyone who has hypothyroidism? Thanks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)