CureZone   Log On   Join
Sore throat (thyroid pain?) after starting a low dose of Lugol's. Possible autoimmune reaction?

fisk Views: 792
Published: 8 y

Sore throat (thyroid pain?) after starting a low dose of Lugol's. Possible autoimmune reaction?

I've been taking a couple hundred micrograms of potassium Iodide for a few months, as part of a supplement regimen also containing vitamin C, magnesium, and selenium (200mcg l-selenomethionine a few times a week). I had some good results with the potassium Iodide for my skin issues, but I wanted to try Lugol's solution since supposedly different tissues utilize different forms of iodine.

I started taking a drop of 5% Lugol's (which would be like 6.25mg of iodine) in a glass of water. I did this for 1-2 weeks. A couple times I put two drops in. After that period of 1-2 weeks I'd developed a sore throat. I wasn't sure if it was because of the Iodine irritating the tissues of my throat or if it was my thyroid reacting. But it scared me so I stopped taking it.

The sore throat has not gone away and I feel like it's the thyroid itself that's hurting. I'm freaking out about this because I can't stop thinking about the possibility that I triggered an autoimmune reaction that isn't getting better. Is that possible? To trigger autoimmune thyroiditis with just 6.25mg Iodine for less than two weeks even while supplementing selenium?

I've also seen a couple mentions of a 'post-scarcity' effect where if you increase your Iodine intake the thyroid will try to retain as much iodine as it can and will swell up temporarily. But I can't find any good information on this effect.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Will it go back to normal?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)