CureZone   Log On   Join
ureaplasma urealyticum root cause of ic and bladder problems

livininhope Views: 1,053
Published: 8 y

ureaplasma urealyticum root cause of ic and bladder problems

Hi

I found some posts on ureaplasma which apparently can be the root cause of IC and other bladder problems. I found one post by someone who was treated for this condition and wanted to advise others – I hope they do not mind me copying their post but the information may help other people. The post from the other website is copied below. Hope it helps.

Copied post:

“”I Started going to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio which is ranked 2nd in the country for urology. he Dr that I saw there was one that was recomended to me by the ICA.

When I first got there He asked me my history etc.. and I told him that After many long months I had been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis via hydrodistention and cystostcopy. He gave me some important information that has absolutely changed my life and I would like to share it with you.

He finds that a high percentage of people that come to his office with Interstitial Cystitis test postitive for a bacteria called Ureaplasma Urealyticum... needless to say i tested positive for this bacteria. I have taken one course of Antibiotics and my symptoms are all but gone. He said most urologists do not test for this bacteria because the tests can be costly. I asked him for some information to share with everyone and he sent me a paper with the following information:

Ureaplasma Urealyticum is the smallest free living organism known. It is like no other bacteria requiring special tests for identification. Even with these special tests, ureaplasma can be very difficult to isolate and treat.

Ureaplasma can be found in the genitals, bladder or rectum of 30%-50% of adult men and women. It can be silent or cause a variety of symptoms such as discharge, burning and pain or can even impair fertility or cause complications with pregnancy.

Ureaplasma can be acquired in a multitude of ways many of which are unclear. It is known to be transmitted sexually, thus it is considered to be a sexually associsated disease. A diagnoses of ureaplasma in yourself or your partner does not imply infidelity, but does mean that both of you should be treated.

Your Dr will prescribe special Antibiotics for the both of you. It is advised not to engage in sexual activity during the course of the Antibiotics (10-14 days) to ensure that the bacteria is completely eliminated. It is important to return to the office approximately one week after finishing yout medication to reculture and make sure that the bacteria is completely gone.

Again this bacteria is a sexually related organism, not a sexually transmitted disease.

I am not promising that this is an all time cure or anything, but so far I have no symptoms anymore, after thinking I would live the rest of my life in pain. My Dr sayes that some not all of his patients show good results by treating this bacteria, but I think it is worth a shot for anyone who wants to try it. Infact Cleveland Clinic is finding that they can eliminate symptoms in over 50% of IC patients by treating this bacteria. good luck.””

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)