CureZone   Log On   Join
Got my test results back - Vitamin D deficient!?

sickliver Views: 2,151
Published: 8 years ago

Got my test results back - Vitamin D deficient!?

Hey everyone, 21M here. I just got my hands on the blood work that I had done. A quick background summary first..I have lots of issues with yeast infections and some psychological issues like chronic fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, and lack of libido. There's more to it but I'll spare you the details unless you would like to know more. You can find additional info in my previous posts as well.

I had a comp metabolic panel done, vitamin d, and testosterone levels taken (b/c of my varicocele).

The notable levels from my blood work are posted below:

~TESTOSTERONE~
-Testosterone came out high normal range at 957 ng/dL - thank jesus.
-Free T was actually slightly high at 159.8 pg/mL. High range ends at 155 - not sure if that means anything.
-Really happy about this overall. If I can find a way to heal my varicocele it should go up more too.

~LIVER FUNCTION~
-AST is 18 in 10-40 U/L range
-ALT is 13 in a 9-46 U/L range
-Bilirubin is 1.2 in a 0.2-1.2 mg/dL range
-I am seriously surprised this is the case because I thought for sure my liver was functioning badly as evidenced by my alcohol intolerance. I also had some slight jaundice in the eyes but I might've just been paranoid. Something else must be causing my sensitivities. I just wanna have a few drinks with friends again haha.

~OTHER VALUES~
-Vitamin D Deficient: 20 mg/dL in a range of 30-100 mg/dL.
-Calcium is 10.3 mg/dL in a 8.6-10.3 mg/dL range
-Carbon Dioxide is 28 mmol/L in a 18-30 mmol/L range
-Not sure if the C02 matters. It just stood out to me because I don't want C02 poisoning obviously lol.

All the other values were well within normal range. I just posted stuff that was out of range or slightly out of range.

I also did some research into my calcium levels and came across hyperparathyroidism. Is it possible that I have this?

From parathyroid.com - "It is important to understand that over 99% of cases of hypercalcemia are caused by a parathyroid gland tumor; a disease called hyperparathyroidism. People with parathyroid disease (hyperparathyroidism) almost always have hypercalcemia: they have blood calcium levels in the 10s or higher."

Hyperparathyroidism is also linked to chronic fatigue and most of my other symptoms. I will have to ask my doctor to sign off on getting my PTH and calcium levels tested and re-tested respectively.

As for the Vitamin D, that may be linked to the high calcium levels, but I will start supplementation for that as well. I'm sure my doctor will agree on that one. Hopefully he can give me that strong prescription Vitamin D.

Is there anything else I'm not catching here? Luckily I'm finally getting some clarity and piece of mind in regards to my health which is great. I'm glad I took this into my own hands and did my research. I urge anyone else with health anxiety to just get tested for anything you are paranoid about. It doesn't hurt. I now know testosterone isn't my problem and I no longer have to worry about that constantly. Most of the time the paranoia is justified and you truly do have an underlying deficiency.

Cheers to good health and a positive future.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.157 sec, (2)