CureZone   Log On   Join
Neurological therapy for constipation

bellaroma Views: 2,024
Published: 8 years ago

Neurological therapy for constipation

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I was diagnosed with IBS-C about 20 years ago, while still in high school. In January I was diagnosed with SIBO. I have lived with constipation my entire life. My GI dr had no idea how to help me so I decided to reach out to a functional medicine doctor.

He ordered a series of tests (full blood panel, stool test and hormone/adrenal testing) and we went over all of the results in his office a few days ago. Long story short he wants to address GI dysfunction (gut permeability and dysbiosis), immune dysfunction and inflammation.

All of that sounds great. His treatment plan includes all of the supplements to get my deficiencies under control (vitamins d and b's, iron and ferritin), a specific probiotic etc.

Now here is where it gets a little sketchy to me. He is also a chiropractor, and he strongly believes that we need to address the brain-gut access that is causing the lifelong constipation in the first place. In order to do this, he is having me come in 3 times a week for 4 weeks for some kind of neurological therapy. He said himself that the therapy is going to seem a little strange.

Has anyone done anything like this? Its very expensive, I already paid for it and start Monday. Now I'm having second thoughts but I'm so desperate for help that in a moment of weakness I readily agreed and then started second guessing myself. I mean its great if it works, but can constipation really be cured in 12 45 minute therapy sessions? Sounds kinda gimmicky and I can find very little online on this subject.

I would love to hear some thoughts!

Thanks!
Tracy

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (1)