CureZone   Log On   Join
5 day fast

darklands Views: 1,065
Published: 8 y

5 day fast

Hello folks, recently I've decided to embark on a detox period. Been reading up on the experiences here and it provided some good motivation, so I decided to share my story too.

I'm a smoker (been at it on and off since 10 years) and hopefully I'll quit it before "it quits me" :) I don't have a healthy diet, and I'd consider myself overweight with about 10kg to shed for my optimal weight. I suffer from chronic constipation and irregular menstruation (not having a period for a significantly long time) -- and yes I did go to a doctor for this yet the medicine has only helped temporarily. I fasted before, several instances of few days on water, a week on vegetable juice, and a number of daily absolute fasts. These were all rewarding experiences, and I even had a period after 4-5 months of not having one, right at the end of a 7-day juice fast.

Yet my unhealthy lifestyle and the problems I find to be associated with it keep recreating itself but I am determined to struggle once more, and I decided to post here so as to have a community to share my experience with, hoping that it will keep my motivation up and lasting.

I currently am not in a condition to carry out absolute or water fasting, and do not have the will to squeeze veggies everyday. I have however considered something different. I acquired a detox mixture based on mainly chia seeds and herbs that you use 3 times daily mixing it with some juice or water, it adds up to 7 grams of proteins, 15 grams of carbs (mostly fiber) a tad of healthy oil and around 150 calories a day. Which to my eyes is almost like Water Fasting with some added nutrients that is supposed to help with detox. Oh and I haven't been exercising at all lately, pretty sedentary indeed, I will try to take a short walk when (not if hehe) I get the cravings. And of course, no smoking.

I will start tomorrow and will try to keep at it for 5 days. I expect a lot of tobacco and unhealthy food cravings and I might feel like posting here when that happens.

One thing I'm considering is to incorporate this kind of thing in my routine, like doing it every two-three weeks. Or replacing a meal everyday with the detox mixture. The purpose for this would be to not fall out of the healthy condition that the detox puts me in, and of course, I'm not sure if 5 days will be enough for my toxic toxic body, I most likely need a 5-year-plan :)

Any advice on keeping up with a healthy lifestyle once you are done with a fast is welcome, I've read countless times on how to properly break a fast and resume a healthy Diet afterwards yet I fail to accomplish it in practice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)