CureZone   Log On   Join
Gut Diet Questions

TiredGuy Views: 526
Published: 9 y

Gut Diet Questions

I posted here years ago.

I am off all psychiatric medication and have no fatigue, just anxiety and OCD and Depression (I've had my whole life)

I've been seeing doctors for years and the one that I am now working with had me take an Organic Acids Test from Great Plains Laboratory

My new Doc said:

I've got fungal and elevated bacteria markers

I have elevated Arabinose (excess candida). Not all fungus is candida related but there is indications that this is candida

I also have elevated hippuric markers and elevated 2-hydroxyphenylacetic

He thinks that candida poops out thing that take up parking spots of other things that need to be pooped out (slowing removal of adrenaline and dopamine)

He put me on a SIBO diet and probiotics and antifunglas.

How long do you have to stay on these strict SIBO diets?

How strict do you have to be? If you cheat once a week or so does it shoot the whole thing to hell?

I just started 2 days ago and am having a hard time reading the chart. It has a less fermentable to more fermentable chart. You are supposed to avoid the right column, limit the two middle columns and eat unlimited from the left column.

Some of it is confusing
It says no - cheese: cream, cottage, fresh cheese (feta, cheve, fresh mozzarella, ricotta
Kefir - commercial
cream, milk

It says that I can have cheese: aged 1 mo+, dry curd cottage cheese, yogurt cheese/labneh

I am invited to a dinner on new years eve that is serving a bunch of delicious food that I can't eat :(

How do i know if I can have gruyere cheese and emmentaler cheese? What about Boursin cheese? Isn't there milk in all cheese....I'm not supposed to have milk.

I know that I shouldn't have bread crumbs that I shouldn't have

How bad is it to cheat a couple or few times a month (within reason)? How zero tolerance is all of this?

As an aside, I have MTHFR, COMT MAO and CBS

Thank you in advance

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)