CureZone   Log On   Join
"If I sort out my gut and fixed it and got rid of the anxiety, I would still have the memories of ocd rituals. Do you think that something like hypnotherapy to wipe and change my thinking would help after I fixed my gut?"

dragonzelda Views: 3,174
Published: 9 y

"If I sort out my gut and fixed it and got rid of the anxiety, I would still have the memories of ocd rituals. Do you think that something like hypnotherapy to wipe and change my thinking would help after I fixed my gut?"

Hi,

Any help from you wise people on curezone would be greatly appreciated, I really need any help. Thankyou....

I have contamination OCD & have a fear of touching many things in my house, the worst things make me feel sick in my stomach & anxious. Other things I worry that if I touch them, I can spread their 'contamination' around the house and to anywhere I go (including visiting friends houses etc). I have had contamination ocd for different things, for about the last ten years but these last few months have been the worst.

It makes my life a huge struggle to lead, and at nearly 30 I feel like it is ruining it. I never imagine my life being so shit at this age due to my ocd. I wouldnt wish ocd on my worst enemy, it has lead me into Depression and into a life no one should lead.

I have only recently started to realize my problems stem from my gut - my medical history is a whole other essay.

My hypothetical question is this, if I were able to cure my gut through a combination of supplements, diet etc, I would still have all the memories of the OCD, such as
1. what I couldn't touch before
2. my ever lasting cleaning on my body rituals to be 'clean' before going out
3. what clothes i could wear at home (dirty) and what clothes i could wear out (clean)
etc etc (I am stuck in a rut)

I feel as if even if I cure my gut & get rid of where all this anxiety stems from, I will remember all these thoughts. I feel like my brain needs a MEN IN BLACK neuralizer and needs to be wiped of all these memories, as I would just continue to avoid touching or doing things because I remember how anxious & physically sick they used to make me feel so I would still be stuck in a cycle of OCD. So my question is this:

I know fixing my gut is something huge, and that is where alot of my time reading is going into.

I tried CBT twice but both pschologists weren't too helpful.

So has anyone tried it themselves or has any thoughts or advice on this?

Thankyou so much for reading :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.031 sec, (2)