CureZone   Log On   Join
I think SD redness and flakyness are caused by different things. personal experience.

tifer Views: 601
Published: 9 y

I think SD redness and flakyness are caused by different things. personal experience.

so im starting to think the redness on your scalp is caused by one thing and the flakyness caused by something else.

based on years of experience, im coming to the following conclusion:

1. stress causes the redness on my scalp.
2. certain foods cause dandruff.

this is the test I did.

i work in the tech field and its very stressful.

i noticed that every time i went on vacation, my redness would disappear, like 100% within 2-4 days. the redness goes away EVEN THOUGH, im eating literally everything. dairy, eggs, gluten, etc.

every time i go on vacation, i go to the beach and i jump in the ocean. so i was thinking that maybe the sea water helped clear out the redness on my scalp.

well i live in southern california and i went into the ocean 2 days in the row and spent some time in it.

well, guess what? the redness did not go away.

this boils down to one thing: stress.

whenever i go on vacation, i dont have to think about work or have that feeling of anxiety of thinking about the next day at work. that said, no stress = no redness. its UNBELIEVABLE how fast the redness goes away.

i haven't had a vacation in almost 9 months right now and my scalp is a mess. VERY red all over and specially around the hair line on my forehead.

i have a vacation planned in 2 weeks so what im gonna do is take pictures of my scalp and then after the vacation (8 nights), i'll take a picture of my scalp again. i guarantee the skin on my scalp will be white as snow. no redness.

SOMETHING ELSE I noticed... when I go on vacation, the redness goes away. however, some of the flakyness continues. and THIS is why im thinking the flakyness is caused by foods and the redness is stress.

so what foods cause my problem?

- DEFINITELY dairy
- coffee (anything with a lot of caffeine it)
- not sure about gluten.

i think it's mainly dairy.

but yeah. i've had this condition for over 6 years and like i said, every single time i go on vacation the redness disappears but the flakyness continues.

so bottom line:

redness is caused by stress
flakyness is caused by the foods you eat (you gotta figure out which one gives u a problem)

definitely know that fruits & vegetables DO NOT cause my scalp to flake.

anyways, hope this helps. unfortunately dealing with stress is something close to impossible unless u change ur line of work. :(

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (2)