CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: CFS, ME, autoimmune dysfunction, fibromyalgia equal MIRENA IUD

nicolam76 Views: 8,252
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,238,954

Re: CFS, ME, autoimmune dysfunction, fibromyalgia equal MIRENA IUD

Dear Anna Maria,
I am so sorry to hear what you have been through with the Mirena. Thank you so much for posting your story - it could be mine! You have given me so much hope that I too can recover from what I have been going through for the last three years. I have been unable to work for the last 18 months due to the severity of my symptoms. Like you I had to leave my dream job, a position I had worked so hard to get and loved.
I have had my Mirena in for 3years and 6 months in total, but it was replaced with a brand new one during a laparoscopy two months ago. I had no idea that Mirena could cause the crazy awful things that it does. Not one doctor that I have seen has connected it. Last week I had another burst ovarian cyst, this didnt seem right to me. I'd just had a laparoscopy and had heaps of endometriosis (the reason I got the iud in the first place) removed, so it just couldn't work out why I kept getting ovarian cysts. So I googled Mirena and ovarian cysts, I was so surprised by what I found! Then I googled Mirena and Migraines - and again could not believe what I was finding out. I am reading about other women who have had similar symptoms that were related to the mirena.
3 years ago, I started having problems with digestion, nausea, vomiting, crazy constipation. Then came fatigue and this weird vertigo/dizzy episodes. Then my strange things started happening to my vision - the vision in my left suddenly got worse, I cannot see at night and I'm extremely photosensitive. Then the migraines started and other neurological stuff. My memory is terrible, I too have lost words, friends names, awful brain fog. I was worrying that I had dementia!
For the last three years my life has been affected. The past eighteen months have been worse, I have had no life. Lots of tests. Lots of days spent in bed. Lots of cancelling events and catch ups.
Im getting the mirena taken out on Thursday. Your message give me hope that I too will get better. Thank you.
I hope you have been able to get back to the job you loved and are making up for lost time in your life. Take care, Nicola.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (2)