CureZone   Log On   Join
Vitamin D cures acne

anna12345 Views: 2,276
Published: 9 y

Vitamin D cures acne

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share my Acne story. I had cystic Acne for 13 years. I tried so many things to get rid of it, including going on Accutane for 3 weeks, which worked but gave me severe symptoms, so I stopped. My Acne came back shortly after I stopped it.

I eventually read about taking Vitamin D to get rid of acne. I tried it and it completely cured my acne to my surprise. I take a fairly high dose, which is recommended by the Vitamin D council. Right now I'm taking between 7000IU - 10 000IU per day. (Note: if you take more than 10 000 IU per day, you may overdose). I started with lower doses at the beginning (around 5000IU - 7000 IU) because if I took more, my skin would really dry out, especially around my eyes. But it doesn't dry out anymore so I can take up to 10 000. I recently tried to lower my dose, but after a few days I got acne again.

I have written a whole blog about it, so I won't go into detail here, but it works because in order to produce Vitamin D, your skin produces an oil in your epidermis, which reacts with UV rays to create Vitamin D. If you are deficient, your skin produces a lot of this oil and it causes you to breakout.

I have found four medical papers that conclude that Vitamin D deficiency is likely linked to acne. Each paper has also stated a high percentage of cured acne cases using only Vitamin D. The reason this Vitamin D and acne link does not get studied any further is because there is no funding for these types of studies. There is no drug anyone can profit off in the end.

If you want to know the details of my own experience, you can find it here: https://vitamindforacne.wordpress.com/
I am posting this website for strictly informational purposes and am not selling any products or services.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)