CureZone   Log On   Join
How common are false positive chlamydia results?

Kristin915 Views: 3,180
Published: 9 y

How common are false positive chlamydia results?

So about 2 weeks ago I tested positive for chlamydia. I have had unprotected sex with the same partner for about 15 months now. I did however have protected sex with someone else only once, 10 months ago. My sex partner of 15 months just got tested and he tested negative. He was having unprotected sex with someone else up until 7 months ago. She also got tested and tested negative. How is it that I was the only one that tested positive if me and my partner have had a lot of sex up until now? A few months back he took some Antibiotics for his throat, I read somewhere those can cure chlamydia. Also when he went in to get tested the Dr told him he had a UTI. Could this maybe have been caused from the chlamydia? That might've gotten treated with his throat Antibiotics ... Which is why he now is testing negative? I really can't wrap my head around all this. We are trying to start a serious relationship but he thinks I am lying, he thinks I am having sex with someone else since I am the only person testing positive. Is there a chance I could've got it from the guy I had protected sex with once 10 months ago, and not have passed it on to my partner whom I've had frequent UNPROTECTED sex with since? Also how common are false postitives? I wanted to retest before I got treated just to be sure but my DR assured me there was no mistake. Now I am treated so there is no way I can retest. Either I never had it, he got treated with his Antibiotics or there has to be another possibility of transmission for chlamydia.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)