CureZone   Log On   Join
severe warning!!! cipro or ciprofloxacin antibiotic

grizz Views: 3,602
Published: 9 y

severe warning!!! cipro or ciprofloxacin antibiotic

The drug Cipro (Ciprofloxin) has been involved in multiple class action lawsuits, and has had a devastating impact on many lives. Black Box warning label prevents new lawsuits to protect the drug company. In spite of all the horror stories, it is still being prescribed & sold in 2015 usually for UTI or bladder/kidney/nasal infections.

This open letter is from a victim of Cipro.
============================================
Hello everyone,I am writing to share with you some disturbing news. Towards the end of July 2010, I took an anti-biotic commonly prescribed for sinus infections and UTIs called Cipro or Ciprofloxacin, and within a week my life was “irreversibly” changed. I have been confined to my bed for the last 2 months, have experienced numerous odd and temporary conditions including blindness, and can no longer walk. That’s right, I am now dependent on a wheelchair for mobility and I can’t drive. I cannot tell you how drastically my life has changed and how deeply my family has been affected. All of our perceptions about life and our future have been challenged in the most profound ways. Not only am I living with the pain and the inconvenience of not walking, but I am outrageously sick with damaged central and peripheral nervous systems, and most recently lost the use of my right arm. I require full time care and assistance, so my husband has essentially quit working in order to care for me and our two children. I won’t go any further into detail here, but if you are interested in knowing more about my story, this drug, or this condition, you can contact me. Also, you are welcome to share this with anyone and everyone, as that is really the point, to educate and protect as many people as possible.
If you are receiving this, you probably know me, but to be honest, as I send this to every address in my email address book, I find that I do not recognize all the names, so this may not have the same impact as if I were a personal acquaintance of yours. However, weather you know me well or not is irrelevant, since my main objective here is to spread the word of caution about the dangers of certain Antibiotics . Obviously, the drugs themselves are dangerous, but the real danger is the fact that MOST DOCTORS ARE UNAWARE OF THE SERIOUS AND OFTEN IRREVERSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE MOST COMMONLY PRESCRIBED Antibiotics ON THE MARKET. What that means, is that YOU, the consumer, needs to be informed and to protect yourselves and your families. Cipro and other fluoroquinolone drugs are self admittedly extremely dangerous and while the FDA has issued a black box label on this drug, the FDA has uncharacteristically failed to notify all the doctors and hospitals. Since this has happened to me, I have either spoken to or been examined by dozens of MDs, of which only ONE was aware of the black box label. In the 3 days I spent at UC Davis Medical Center, a notorious teaching facility, not a single MD was aware of the warnings issued by the FDA, and in fact refused to believe it, until we provided the proof. In the emergency room, I was actually told, “there isn’t black box label on that drug, and we prescribe that drug every single day, several times a day, in fact.”

I do not expect anyone to take my word on this, and I strongly encourage you to do your own research. Just Google “Cipro” or “Cipro Toxicity” and brace yourself. Finally, if you are ever prescribed any medication, especially a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, please read the insert and THINK about what it says. I read inserts, but I always shrug off the warnings and I think that maybe those horrible things happened to one person, or maybe those things happened to someone who was really sick and weak or had some other illness that made them more susceptible to the side effect than a normal healthy person. That is NOT TRUE. In order for a drug manufacturer to admit to those hideous side effects and publish a warning about it, it first needs to be proven time and time again that the risk is substantial. And “less common” side effects, are not reserved for anyone in particular, and are not necessarily “rare” in the way you might think of it.

In conclusion, please be careful. None of us are immune. This can happen to anyone. Please don’t let it happen to you or someone you love.

Sincerely,
Nikki

This website is to help people suffering from Cipro. The horror stories are just unimaginable.
http://www.survivingcipro.com/about-us/my-cipro-story/

Read the black box label carefully & search the internet before taking Cipro,

Grizz

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (3)