CureZone   Log On   Join
Hair loss, leg and cramps somethings going on and yikes one doctor wants to taper me down off Dessicated Thyroid

Grace2Marayger Views: 2,505
Published: 9 y

Hair loss, leg and cramps somethings going on and yikes one doctor wants to taper me down off Dessicated Thyroid

Hypothyroid for 12 years now. Had GI pain most all of last year ...long story... but by the Grace of God better in like the flip of a switch (20+ factors).
But have been having lots of hair loss for past 3 months
Last thyroid tests one month ago were
T3, Reverse [11-32] 17.3
Free T3 Triiodothyronine[3.5-7.7] 3.4
Free T4 [0.15 - 6.0] 1.16
TSH(I feel best near 1) [.3- 3] 1.39
ANA Direct Negative

They never seem to run all the detail and no one I see seems to totally understand or explain it to me.

I read Dr. Datis Kharrazian's book
Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? when My Lab Tests Are Normal: a Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism http://thyroidbook.com/ Thyroid book

Was great but so very complex and over my head.

I am thinking that I'd been eating too much Sugar over the holidays or maybe my pumpkin powder and hemp pro fiber I take almost daily in my morning smoothies could providing me too much Tyrosine and that might be interfering with my thyroid function and causing my hair loss. Kharrazian does not like supplementing with Iodine or Tyrosine for hypo patients but that might be primarily for hypo w/ Hashimoto's I've also wondered if the raw flax seed (maybe should be toasted) and/or Twin flax and borage oil and/or olive oil I put in the smoothie might be causing troubles too. I think Kharrazian said that olive oil and flax oil are not good for insulin resistance, which I have.

One holistic endo background doc I see wants to taper me down on my Dessicated Thyroid dose 1 grain to 1/2 grain alternating for 7 days and then 1/2 grain for 4 weeks.

With my hair falling out I'm apprehensive to try the tapering down that much right now and I've been taking 3/4 grain in divided does of a 1/2 grain AM and 6 hours later 1/4 grain. I'd never done anything but increase my dose over the 12 years of taking meds.

Any thoughts?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)