CureZone   Log On   Join
Vaginal swelling, burning, infections, pain...

artsychic76 Views: 6,653
Published: 9 y

Vaginal swelling, burning, infections, pain...

I wanted to post my experience to others: good news first:

Had the Mirena out today in the office. Took 5 seconds and felt like a small tug, and no pain!! I had it inserted with another doctor and they didn't just anesthesia and it hurt so bad, worst I have ever experienced.

I have had 3 months of round and rounds of vaginal issues...I have not had any issues like this in the past---never had an abnormal pap smear, been over 10 years since I had a yeast infection. I had a child 7 years ago--no odd vaginal issues then either.

I have had burning, swelling and vulvar irritation for months..they treated me for BV, UTI and yeast. All of my current cultures come up negative--they even tested for various types of yeast....nothing.

I have very sensitive skin and I have skin reactions to detergents, soaps, perfumes, etc. So I have been using hypoallergenic products for years. I did switch briefly to Arm and Hammer for sensitive skin (don't believe it!--I think this may have caused many of my issues...)

My doctor thinks I am having an allergic reaction to something--I rewashed all my clothes in hot water and have been doing all hygiene related things to keep it calm. They gave me Nystatin--for yeast and swelling and its a steriod cream and it did help. The issue is it comes back! i hope to resolve it soon though...

And this is where the Mirena comes in---so I have treated all other possiblities---and reading about Mirena with others experiences and feeling like somehow the the infection didn't fully clear or recurs so easily with the Mirena, made me think its the issue because there are no other possibilities. Ive been tested for every STD and disease known to man, blood work, urine cultures, etc. all normal. These are my thoughts and no doctor has agreed with them, but I feel like something wasn't right with the Mirena.

The doctor was fine with taking it out, even tho he didn't think its related to the Mirena at all, but he did say the only way to know for sure was to take it out. i think they suspect it but don't say so!!

Anyway, GETTING IT OUT WAS SO EASY! I was scared to death because of the pain with insertion. But i didn't have any pain meds and it was easy, mine was still where it was placed, so it would be different Im sure if it had moved, but it was in place. I wanted to let other women know in case they are hesitant and want to do that.

I am going to try oral birth control (never had issues in the past on them) but I am 38 and know I have other birth control options, I just wanted this Mirena out!!

I have a Dermatology appt on Friday with a DR who specializes in this type of inflammation--I hope to have more answers. Ive read tons about chemicals in clothing, dyes, formaldyhyde! to prevent wrinkles, so its very possible Ive come into contact with an allergen. I cannot even use quilted toilet paper because of the chemicals used. Id love to know if any other women have had an issue like this....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (2)