CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Type 1 Diabetic

melissabowie Views: 3,313
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 393,071

Re: Type 1 Diabetic

Type 1 cleanser here. I'm currently on my third cleanse. I've always had good results but everyone is different. I don't use molasses but substitute with light agave nectar. I know a lot of cleansers say not to but it has a lower GI than maple syrup and I just cannot stand molasses. Sometimes I only use 1 tbl instead of two.

In the beginning, I half my long term insulin. Normally 20 units, on the cleanse I start with 10. I also bolus 1 unit in the beginning whenever I drink a glass of the lemonade (using 2 tbls of agave here). Your daughter might have totally different ratios and activity levels, so make sure she monitors her blood Sugar frequently.

If I am a little low, I will make a drink and not bolus. About 4-5 days into it, my insulin needs are almost nothing. I can stop my long term insulin and just bolus here and there as needed. My fasting blood Sugar is has been between 77-100 this week! Usually drop 15-20 lbs and gain about 5 as soon as I return to regular food.

Again, frequent monitoring is the key. And this is just my experience, you can always ask her endocrinologist. Best wishes!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)