CureZone   Log On   Join
Please help! Itching skin, Jaundice, Candida, Mononucleosis

MrSavvy Views: 7,010
Published: 9 y

Please help! Itching skin, Jaundice, Candida, Mononucleosis

First post, but I've been browsing this forum for a while now. I need help!! I have some problems, I know they're all connected, and doctors are dumb; I'm hoping you all can help me connect the dots and fill in the blanks!

I have been diagnosed with the following: Gilbert's Syndrome, IBS, Infectious Mononucleosis, Kidney Stones, and Seborrheic Dermatitis.

I haven't been diagnosed for the following, but I know I have these issues: Oral Thrush (white tongue, white roof of mouth, occasional cracking corners of mouth, "oral thrush spit test" definitely tested positive), Tinnitis, itching/runny nose, itching ears (inside), and an itchy anus.

Time line; Diagnosed with Mono in 2004 (I was in early teens), caught Giardia from bad well water also in early teens, January 2014 had several kidney stones (first time, small but painful, went to the ER for help), June 2014 I had a bad Mono flare-up (first flare-up since 2004) (labs showed high mono count), also diagnosed with Bronchitis at the same time. Itching skin ALL OVER MY BODY started while I had Mono. I was in bed for 3 weeks with Mono, ate very little. Bilirubin went up from fasting.

Since the bout with Mono last June, my head-to-toe itching hasn't stopped!! My scalp itches and drives me insane! I can't find a rash anywhere, aside from my scalp, which shows all the SD (Seb Derm) symptoms (flaking skin, scales when really bad, dandruff). I have no SD rash on my skin elsewhere, aside from a small spot on my chest. Also my anus itches and I have a Jock Itch as well, I would call it.

I've had bad Jaundice since June. My eyes are always a nice medium bloodshot-red with a yellow tinge. I'm extremely self conscious about it.

As for Gilbert's Syndrome, my bilirubin has always been high (entire life). Normally around 3.5-5.0. Not as high as some people, I know. But always higher than "normal."

Doctors and dentists always tell me I have a white tonuge, not Oral Thrush! What the hell?! My tongue is WHITE AND "HAIRY". I have pictures for reference, if anybody wants to see.

Bad habits: I've had anxiety/depression/stress issues since I was 10 years old. I used to drink A LOT of suger. 2-3 20oz Mountain Dews a day, along with several glasses of Kool-aid a night. I also smoked ~2 packs of cigarettes a week. I took Amoxicillin in June for Mono. (coincidentally, my Oral Thrush almost disappeared in that one week of antibiotics, then came back just as bad of course)

I've stopped drinking almost all soda (I have 2-3 cans of soda a week, MAX). I now drink 2-3 litres of water a day. I exercise 2-3 times a week for a couple of hours each time (cardio, gym machines, free weights). Stopped cigarettes 6 months ago, soda 6 months ago, sugar drinks 5 months ago, started water 5 months ago, started gym 4 months ago.

I started Parastroy, for suspicion of parasites causing my Candida (also, since I know I had Giardia in the past) but I never saw anything odd in my stool. I've tried Candistroy, I took it for a week and I saw no die-off or ANY improvements so I stopped. I had a slightly easier time with bowel movements during both, but that's it.

So here I am. Doctors have given me some Ketoconazole Shampoo and ointment, some steroid cream for the SD spot on my chest and for my sideburns. (I never used the steroid cream, I know it's bad for your skin). The GI Dr told me there's nothing I can do to help my Gilbert's aside from not drinking alcohol (which I RARELY do anyway) and to eat healthy (I'm working on it) and exercise (I do already). The allergy doc tested me for 50 types of air born bothers, and I had 0 reactions.

I paid $300 (out of pocket) to see the only local Holistic Dr here in my city (large city, but only one Holistic Dr within 100miles), who told me to visit a Dr Weil's website and follow his diet. And he said he doesn't believe in Candida or Parasites as causing problems. And he said to visit another website and listen to some "Clinical Hypnosis." Where I have to pay even more. No thank you. /rant

I have appointments with a dermatologist and soon an ENT Dr and an optometrist. Both visits will be no-help, I already know. Because I'm positive my issues are due to something inside me, my bloodshot eyes and ringing ears are symptoms not causes.

I'm now thinking this: I had Oral Thrush prior to June/the Mono flare-up. I already had Gilbert's. I came down with Mono/Bronchitis, my immune system plummeted, Candida from my mouth spread through my body, Amoxicillin for the Mono effed up whatever gut flora was left, my liver then had to deal with my immune system being gone, no gut flora, and Candida spreading, Jaundice started, Candida is now all over my body; My liver can't recover, is causing my itchy skin and jaundice, and my immune system can't help.

Oh, and I'm currently 25 years old, 6'1", 175lbs (thin/lanky). I eat fast food lunches more than I would like to, I eat a healthier dinner at home every night, and like I said I don't smoke and I drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day.

I have pics of my Oral Thrush, my Candida spit test, and many pictures documenting my Jaundice.

I really hope a kind soul can help me. I'm at wit's end, which is a very itchy place...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (3)