CureZone   Log On   Join
Water kefir

Newbie2Cleanses Views: 1,759
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,221,143

Water kefir

Hi,
I hope this finds you well. I just saw this and thought I'd reply. I don't know if you know this but there are 2 types of kefir: Milk kefir and water kefir (aka, Sugar kefir grains or SKG.) I looked at your kefir packages and you have milk kefir.

I make water kefir every couple days (just made 18 bottles last night and have far too many grains. LOL) And though I've not yet started the milk kefir journey, I'm very familiar with it as I researched both before choosing what to start with. In case you would like to get some SKG, I got my grains on eBay and my minerals online at Earth Shift Products.

Without going into too much detail, milk kefir feeds on the sugars & proteins in milk and SKG feeds on sugar. Though they are both called kefir and they both create probiotics, they are actually two very different living organisms and, as such, are not interchangeable. Milk kefir will die if it had to feed on Sugar water for it's sustenance and visa-versa.

Hope this helps!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)