CureZone   Log On   Join
Scalp Psoriasis

tifer Views: 4,237
Published: 10 y

Scalp Psoriasis

hello all, im new here and reading this forum makes me feel better about myself.

a little bit about me:

im 28 years old, male.

i developed scalp Psoriasis (or Seborrheic Dermatitis ) on my scalp my senior year in college back in '05.

when i first had an outbreak, large portions of my scalp were VERY red. this redness was on the scalp only and didnt go anywhere else on my head.

after years of having flaky/red & itchy scalp, i began to realize that food was contributing to it.

dairy & gluten are the biggest problem foods. i have also noticed tomato sauce, peppers, peanuts, and fatty red meat somewhat contribute to flakiness.

i honestly cant tell if eggs cause a problem or not. i noticed (if im not mistaken) that when i eat eggs, they somewhat "moisturize" my scalp. it becomes slightly oily (which is better than the dry/flaky scalp of course).

does anyone know why this happens? am i allergic to eggs or is this a result of its nutritional profile?

anyway, right now i only have a problem on my scalp.

the problem is, i have 2 red patches kinda coming down on my forehead so i can't hide that and its embarrassing.

after much research, i have bought the following supplements:

Vitamin D
L Glutamine
Zinc
Probiotic
Enzymes
General Multi vitamin
milk thistle
fish oil
flaxseed oil

about a year ago, I had a 100% clear up which happened literally after 1-2 weeks after drastically modifying my diet.

the problem is, i quit the diet because i couldnt take it anymore.

if i remember correctly, this is what i ate everyday for the whole week or 2 (cant remember if i did it for 2 weeks).

breakfast (shake):
berry mix, banana, vegan brown rice protein powder, chia seeds and spinach

lunch:
white rice, chicken, & those Mediterranean garlic pastes

dinner:
a large salad with 16 different types of vegetables chopped up with a gluten free salad dressing and some ham.

this diet literally cleared up everything.

right now, im eating a strict diet as well but i notice symptoms on my head aren't going away.

i THINK it has to do with the fact that im eating a lot of animal protein.

im bodybuilding at the moment and im getting around 200g of protein / day. about 40g comes from plant sources and the rest from ground chicken & ground turkey.

i really want to heal my gut and scalp eventually but restricting my protein intake will def. hinder my progress at the gym.

can anyone give me some tips on my situation?

thanks a lot guys!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (2)