CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is it actually healthier to sniff phlegm / mucus back IN the nose (in general, i.e. apart from when you have a cold etc)?

EarthCure Views: 5,392
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,201,069

Re: Is it actually healthier to sniff phlegm / mucus back IN the nose (in general, i.e. apart from when you have a cold etc)?

And actually, since my OP I've kind of read now that our immune system, when under stress, produces this excess phlegm / mucus as part of its natural defence mechanism in riding the body of pathogens and the like - so yeah, I think so long as you're not excessively drying out your nasal passages such that new baddies get in as a result, it's something that is kind of considered 'waste' and should stay out!

However, if it's other types of (what appears to be) 'snot' like what's in fact water condensating in cold (enough) weather etc, or natural nasal mucus production for protection from dust etc (I've noticed my nose getting runny when [unfortunately] working in dusty places, it seems to obviously be a natural protection mechanism in the nose!), in THAT case clearly the more you NOT blow your nose and just try to keep it in there, the better!

But in the case of a cold and the mucus coming from more below - the yellowy stuff - yes, agreed.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)