CureZone   Log On   Join
Pinguecula --let's talk about it!

Bjean Views: 35,554
Published: 10 y

Pinguecula --let's talk about it!

I'm on a mission to help my body heal a minor pinguecula that has formed on my eye. Virtually everything you read online and every ophthalmologist will tell you it's caused by chronic irritation from UV rays, dust, wind, etc. My naturopath and a few natural healing resources online say it could be a cholesterol deposit, a weakness in the liver, and/or it indicates issues with fat metabolism. I've also gathered there could be a link to fatty liver. Regardless of the cause, I believe the body can and wants to heal itself. I believe nutrition, herbs and supplements, and stress-management play a role in this process.

My question or topic of discussion is this: has anyone come across any natural treatments that seem to improve a pinguecula?

What I find helps me keep it less visible and irritated is proper diet and sleep, sleeping with an eye mask and humidifier, hydration, wearing sunglasses when it's windy, and more recently, daily eyebright eye washes to keep redness at bay. I've been taking eyebright (Euphrasia Complex by MediHerb) internally for about 9 months and have recently begun twice daily eye washes (Dr. Christopher's). I would love to hear testimonies about any treatment that has helped sufferers of this condition, or improved, or even healed the condition.

I ask that commenters would refrain from posting comments indicating it's a permanent condition or a lost cause. I realize that this is what is commonly accepted as "truth" concerning this condition, but I wouldn't be on this forum if I accepted that as an answer (see first paragraph). I think we could all benefit from positivity and hope! :D

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)