CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ivermectin pour-on vs tube vs injectable

username7414 Views: 1,930
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,203,688

Re: Ivermectin pour-on vs tube vs injectable

we took 1 - 400mg dose of albendazole once a week for 2 weeks and it didn't do much... we maybe saw no more than 3 dead pinworms in stool.
On week 3 we all took another 400mg dose of albendazole with the same response... later on in the week my MIL brought up a small bottle of reese's pinworm medicine - we all had a dose and the next day there were a TON of dead pinworms in our stool. a couple days later we stopped at a farm supply store and grabbed a bigger bottle of pyrantel and dosed again... i think we dosed for like, 4 or 5 days straight until there were no more white specks in anyone's stool.
after a week of no specks, i dosed everyone once a week for the last like, 11 or 12 weeks and haven't seen any since.

no one had any symptoms of pinworms... i don't know about the 5 and 8 year old, they never complained of itchy butts and no one else had unusually itchy butts...
we had no clue we even had pinworms until my 8 year old had green diarrhea that turned into vomitting so we took her to the ER and they did bloodwork that showed slightly elevated eosinaphils... we were all thinking food allergies , but luckily the doctor wanted a stool sample to test for parasites.. so she sent us home with a stool collection cup and a paper to drop off at the lab on monday morning. so, the next night (sunday night) before bed my daughter said she had to poop, so i figured i'd have her do her stool sample and i'd stick it in the fridge so i could grab it and drop it off the next morning.. so i held the cup for her to go... it was a solid green BM... and as i was getting ready to put the lid on the collection cup, i saw this bright white thread stand up against her green poo at the end where the lid goes.. then half way down her piece of poop, i saw another one... then they started swaying back and forth and i had a heart attack for like a split second.. then ran downstairs screaming for her dad to look... so, after that i didn't wait for the lab.. i got everyone dressed and ran back to the ER with the worms and poo and the ER doctor said it was pinworms... and his wife and kids had them years ago after swimming in a hotel pool. but anyway, after about 5 hours they died and flattened out and looked like fingernail clippings. she was the only confirmed and diagnosed case of pinworms in my family of 6. the only other evidence of pinworm infection was the white spots in our stool after meds. after taking pyrantel, it looked like someone dropped a piece of poop in a pile of uncooked rice.
a lot more than meds went into it.. i literally steamed and cloroxed every square millimeter of my house and it's contents multiple times a day... boiled underwear and wash cloths in borax... used desitin on butts at night, steamed all the rugs and throw rugs with the steam mop, wiped down computers and phones 3 times a day, tv remotes, the car, door knobs, walls.. anything that could have eggs on it, got blasted with steam or wiped with bleach.
i don't think our infections were that bad... nowhere near as bad as what i read here. i think it was caught quick too.. like, within 2 -4 weeks of beginning. i'll never know for sure though.. if my daughter wouldn't have gotten sick and gone to the ER where they ordered the stool test, i never would've seen the worms.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)