CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Receeding hairline and sick looking hairs

dunbarx Views: 4,178
Published: 10 years ago

Receeding hairline and sick looking hairs

Hello,

I'm male 33 years old and for a few years I have been noticing abnormal hair changes.

Some of my hairs are really twisted and curled and almost look and feel like pubic hair!

I also notice that my hairline is receeding and there are tons of tiny hairs growing everywhere which

never grow out and become longer. I have been noticing for at least 2 years now! I went to a dermatologist

and asked him what those small hairs are which are much shorter than the other hairs and he said they are new

hairs but I don't believe that. They never grow out! I don't cut them that short. If they were normally growing then

they'd grow out and become as long as the rest but the obviously don't.

I have been to a dermatologist a few months ago for a trichogram. Hair samples were taken from the side of the head

where I have no visible hair loss. The dermatologist said that the results are concerning and that I have many atrophied hair follicles!

He said that this is male pattern hair loss and suggested rogaine. I don't really know if rogaine is going to work for me.

Especially since my hair isn't that short I don't know if it's even possible to apply the foam or the liquid solution so that the entire scalp is covered without needing half the bottle. I also read rewiews from rogaine users and they weren't that good.

I am really concerned about this. I need to do something but I don't know what.

I do NOT want to use finasteride. I read too many concerning things about it.

So far I have been trying a few hair tonics which contain gingko and other stuff but they don't seem to help at all.

I really hope you can give me some advice.

Here are some pictures:

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.148 sec, (2)