CureZone   Log On   Join
Breast MRI or Ultrasound Enoughfor Breast With Lump and Implants

Caroline123 Views: 3,421
Published: 10 y

Breast MRI or Ultrasound Enoughfor Breast With Lump and Implants

Long time reader of curezone but first post . Ok 6.5 years ago I had teardrop gummed bear silicone implants. I just recently found a lump and ti have pain in the outer side of my left breast which radiates slightly down my arm. Pain is only light but there daily. I am 36 and live in UK. Went to breast clinic and doc wanted to give me my first mamogram but refused due to radiation etc. So they literally did a 60 second ultrasound and said normal breast tissue and non cyclic breast pain. I am still not happy. my plastic surgeon is seeing me on Saturday as I am afraid of implant rupture or contraction. My question is now that I have read of the dangers of mamograms and the dye for mri what would be best option to clarify my problem?? Would ultrasound be enough? What is the lesser of the evils ?? I am also trying to get a thermography but that could be two weeks away. It's so confusing knowing what is the right thing to do for my body. I am also considering permanent implant removal too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)