CureZone   Log On   Join
Need help finding a protocol for mood (testing, etc)

Chziime Views: 3,891
Published: 10 years ago

Need help finding a protocol for mood (testing, etc)

Hey everything, this is my first post on this site!

Some background: As a child, I was diagnosed with depression, asperger's, GAD. I had an un healthy Diet and was on Antibiotics a moderate amount. In my college years I used alcohol and marijuana often, until quitting both and settling for a good lifestyle/diet (meditation, paleo diet). Afterwards, I started feeling depressed and bored living at home, so I developed an opioid (kratom) habit that persists over 2 years later.

Now, I am seeing a psychiatrist, but I seem to have an allergic reaction to many medications (including EMSAM, sadly). I feel very unmotivated and detached, negative, in ways that come and go.

At this point, I do yoga and meditation daily, lift weights heavily 3x/week (have done this for a long while), have a relationship and friends (whom I often feel detached from). I take Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc, Curcumin, Vitamin C, Tongkat Ali, fish oil and creatine. I still follow the paleo diet.

Instead of trying so many random things, I'd like to get things tested, or do things that make me feel like I'm "being helped." I still feel very empty, low mood, anhedonic, have unclear thoughts, can't feel close to people or things. I also have skin allergies, eye problems, and some mild physical anxiety. I may start with a comprehensive stool analysis to test for gut issues. There's an alternative health clinic near me, but I really have no money to spend on tests and treatments.

Where is always a good (and relatively tangible) way to start when it comes to mental health? Gut testing, DNA testing...? Sorry for the unorganized post - it's how I think!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (1)